Abdul Haq Khan MD
Department of Medicine
Division of Gastroenterology
9200 W Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53226
1992 - 1996 BS - Physiology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
1996 - 2000 MD, University of Illinois - College of Medicine, Chicago, IL
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING AND FELLOWSHIP APPOINTMENTS:
6/2000 - 6/2003 Residency, Internal medicine , University of Illinois-Chicago , Chicago, IL
7/2003 - 6/2004 Basic research trainee, GI Cancer Research Group , University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
7/2004 - 6/2007 Fellowship, Gastroenterology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
7/2007 - 6/2008 Fellowship, Therapeutic Endoscopy at University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, CO
7/2008 - Present Faculty: Assistant Professor of Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology , Medical College of Wisconsin/Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, WI
AWARDS AND HONORS:
undergraduate Magna Cum Laude
Golden Key National Honor Society
1. Advances in Pancreaticobiliary Endoscopy, An Update in GI Disorders Conference , Milwaukee, WI , 10/28/2008
2. Ablative Therapies for Barrett’s Esophagus, Update in GI including New Technologies , Delafield, WI , 9/19/2009
3. Role of EUS in Submucosal GI lesions in the GI tract, An Update in GI Disorders Conference , Milwaukee, WI , 11/6/2009
4. Role of EUS and ERCP in Pancreatic Cancer, First Annual Pancreas Symposium , Milwaukee, WI , 2/27/2010
5. Pancreatic Cystic Neoplasms, An Update in GI Disorders Conference , Milwaukee, WI , 10/15/2010
1. Hands On session for therapeutic endoscopy, Rocky Mountain Interventional Endoscopy Conference , Aurora, CO, 2/2009
2. Hands On session for therapeutic endoscopy, Rocky Mountain Interventional Endoscopy Conference , Aurora, CO, 2/2010
3. Luminal Stents, Rocky Mountain Interventional Endoscopy Conference , Aurora, CO, 2/2011
4. Introduction to Endoscopic Ultrasound, Rocky Mountain Interventional Endoscopy Conference, Aurora, CO, 2/2012
8/2002 Division of Gastroenterology, UIC Investigating the relationship and function of phosphoFAK and GRPR in human colon cancer and in neonatal mouse models. Poster presented at DDW 2004, New Orleans, LA: Expression of specific focal adhesion kinase (FAK) phospho-forms during intestinal development.
7/2003 - 6/2004 Division of Gastroenterology, UIC Investigating the relationship and function of phosphoFAK and GRPR in human colon cancer and in neonatal mouse models. Poster presented at DDW 2004, New Orleans, LA: Expression of specific focal adhesion kinase (FAK) phospho-forms during intestinal development.
7/2005 - 6/2007 Department of Cancer Biology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA Role of Fox q1 transcription factor in normal mucus production by surface mucous epithelial cells in murine stomach
2008 - Present Division of Gastroenterology, Medical College of Wisconsin Principle Investigator: “Pre-EUS Factors Associated With Tissue Positivity in EUS-FNA of Pancreatic Cancer” Co-investigator: “Prospective Collection of Pancreatic Fluid and Tissue by EUS-FNA For Molecular Analysis” Co-investigator: “A Simple Technique to Improve Diagnostic Yield of EUS-FNA” Co-investigator: “Comparison of Gene Expression Patterns Between Patients with Erosive and Nonerosive Phenotype Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease” Co-investigator: “A Prospective Phase II Trial of Molecular Profiling to Guide Neoadjuvant Therapy for Resectable and Borderline Resectable Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma”
Refereed Journal Publications/Original Papers
1. Khan, Abdul MD; Thompson, Christopher C., MD, MHES; Carr-Locke, David L. MD, FRCP; Series Editor: David L. Carr-Locke, MD, FRCP. Case report: Chronic Diarrhea Due to Metastatic Breast Cancer. Medscape eJournal, 5/16/05.
2. Khan, Abdul; Carr-Locke, David L. Leading article to "Biliary stenting alone versus biliary stenting plus sphincterotomy for the treatment of post-laparoscopic cholecystectomy bile leaks." European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2006, 18:1053-1055.
3. Verzi MP, Khan AH, Ito S, Shivdasani RA. Transcription Factor Foxq1 Controls Mucin Gene Expression and Granule Content in Mouse Stomach Surface Mucous Cells. Gastroenterology. 2008 Aug;135(2):591-600.
4. Sethi A, Chen YK, Austin GL, Brown WR, Brauer BC, Fukami NN, Khan AH, Shah RJ. ERCP with cholangiopancreatoscopy may be associated with higher rates of complications than ERCP alone: a single-center experience. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2011 Feb; 73(2): 251-6.
5. Khan, Abdul H.; Chen, Yang K.; Austin, Greg L.; Sethi, Amrita; Brauer, Brian C.; Chathadi, Krishna; Fukami, Norio; Shah, Raj J. Cholangiopancreatoscopy (CP) and EUS for Suspected Pancreaticobiliary Neoplasms (PBN). Poster presentation- DDW 2008 in San Diego, CA.