Julie-An M. Talano MD
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Hematology/Oncology
MACC Fund Research Center
8701 Watertown Plank Rd
Milwaukee, WI 53226
08/1987 - 05/1991 B.S. (Biology), Georgetown University, Washington
08/1991 - 06/1995 M.D., Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING AND FELLOWSHIP APPOINTMENTS:
06/1995 - 06/1998 Resident, Pediatrics, Northwestern University, Children's Memorial Hospital Chicago, IL
07/1999 - 10/2002 Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology, Oncology Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
10/2002 - 03/2004 Fellowship, Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
07/1998 - 06/1999 Instructor of Pediatrics, Northwestern University, Children's Memorial Hospital, Highland Park Hospital, Highland Park, IL; Chicago, IL
07/1999 - 03/2004 Fellow, Instructor of Pediatrics, Oncology, BMT, Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Hematology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, WI
04/2004 - 05/2011 Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Oncology, BMT, Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Hematology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, WI
06/2011 - Present Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Oncology, BMT, Medical College of Wisconsin, Division of Hematology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, WI
HOSPITAL AND CLINICAL ADMINISTRATIVE APPOINTMENTS:
01/2005 - Present Member of Blood Usage Committee, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
RESEARCH ADMINISTRATIVE APPOINTMENTS:
07/2005 - Present Member, Institutional Review Board, BloodCenter, Milwaukee, WI
07/2009 - Present Director, Clinical Research in Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant, Medical College of Wisconsin/Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
HOSPITAL STAFF PRIVILEGES:
07/1999 - Present Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, 9000 W. Wisconsin Ave., Wauwatosa, WI 53226
SPECIALTY BOARDS AND CERTIFICATION:
Pediatrics Hematology/ Oncology
Illinois License (Expired)
AWARDS AND HONORS:
05/1991 - Present Georgetown University, George Chapman Medal, awarded for most outstanding senior thesis in the biological sciences
06/1992 - Present National Institutes of Health Fellowship, National Cancer Institute Student Research Program
12/1994 - Present DuPage Medical Society Foundation Scholarship, awarded in recognition of demonstrated academic achievement and dedication to a career in medicine.
04/2002 - Present First Place Fellow Clinical Research Award, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Research Day
07/2002 - Present Awarded a fellowship to attend the American Association of Cancer Research/ American Society of Clinical Oncology Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research
11/2006 - Present Best Abstract, National Marrow Donor Program Council Meeting
2009 - 2012 Included in Best Doctors in America
2011 - Present Included in Super Doctors
MEMBERSHIPS IN HONORARY AND PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
1991 - Present Sigma Xi Scientific Research Honor Society
1995 - 2005 American Academy of Pediatrics
1999 - Present American Society of Hematology
2000 - Present American Society of Pediatric Hematology/ Oncology
2006 - Present American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation
2010 - Present American Society of Cellular and Gene Therapy
2011 - Present Histiocyte Society
EDITORSHIPS/EDITORIAL BOARDS/JOURNAL REVIEWS:
08/2012 - Present CTSI Grant Reviewer
2006 - Present Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
2008 - Present Pediatric Blood and Cancer
LOCAL/REGIONAL APPOINTED LEADERSHIP AND COMMITTEE POSITIONS:
2006 - 2008 Member, Board of Directors, One Step at A Time Camp/ Children's Oncology Services
2008 - 2010 Captain, Annual Giving Drive, Lake Forest Country Day School
2009 - Present Member, President's Circle, Chicago Botanic Gardens
2011 - Present Sub-committee Chair, School Fund-raising Auction, Lake Forest Country Day School
2011 - Present Member, Head of School Search Committee, Lake Forest Country Day School
2012 - Present Member, Patron Society, Music Institute of Chicago
NATIONAL ELECTED/APPOINTED LEADERSHIP AND COMMITTEE POSITIONS:
02/2009 - Present Member, Pediatric Cancer Working Committee, Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research
10/2009 - 12/2011 Member, Supportive Care Working Committee, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium
2009 - Present Associate Faculty Member, Faculty of 1000 Medicine
01/2011 - Present Steering Committee Member, Multi-institutional Consortium for Haploidentical Transplantation for Patients with Sickle Cell Disease
10/2011 - Present Organizing Committee, ASPHO Bone Marrow Transplant Workshop, ASPHO/PBMTC
01/01/2012 - Present Member, Treosulfan BMT Protocol Team, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium (PBMTC)
07/01/2012 - Present Member, Finance Committee, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium (PBMTC)
08/2012 - Present Member, Hemophagocytic Histiocytosis BMT Protocol Team, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium (PBMTC)
Low Day 100 Transplant-Related Mortality and Relapse Rate Following Clofarabine in Combination with Cytarabine, Total Body Irradiation and Allogenic Stem Cell Transplantaiton in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults with Poor-Risk Acute Leukemia, ASBMT 2014/ Cancer center retreat - Oral Presentation, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 02/2014
Immune Reconstitution post Bone Marrow Transplant, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, 2005
Participation as an expert in Pediatric CGVHD, NIH sponsored Chronic Graft versus Host Disease Symposium, Chicago, IL, 07/2006
Prevention of Veno Occlusive Disease Post Bone Marrow Transplantation, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium, Dallas, TX, 10/2009
Ongoing Presentation as Board Member for Non Malignant Board Meeting Bimonthly, Seattle Fred Hutchinson Research Institute, WA, 01/2010 - Present
Pediatric Acute Leukemia, Advisory Board Meeting Presentation, Dallas, TX, 07/2010
Use of Clofarabine for Allogeneic BMT, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium, Dallas, TX, 09/2010
Calfactant for Respiratory Failure in Bone Marrow Transplant Patients, Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium, Dallas, TX, 09/2010 - Present
Pediatric Acute Graft versus Host Disease, Advisory Board Meeting, Chicago, IL, 04/2011
Familial Haploidentical (FHI) T-Cell Depleted (TCD) with T-Cell Addback Stem Cell Transplantation for Patients with High-Risk Sickle Cell Disease (SCD) (IND 14359), ASBMT 2014 - Poster Presentation, Dallas, TX, 02/2014
Hemophagocytic Lymphoproliferative Histiocytosis (HLH) Mimicking Neonatal Hemochromatosis, Histiocyte Meeting - Poster Presentation, Toronto, Canada, 10/2014
07/01/2012 - Present Committee Member, Fellowship Committee, Pediatric, Hematology Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin
Member, Blood Usage Committee, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
QI Committee, BMT, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
MEDICAL COLLEGE TEACHING ACTIVITIES:
Medical Student Education
Cased Based Discussions, Preceptor Department of Biochemistry
Resident and Fellow Education
Teaching attending, General Pediatrics, Attending Physician
Hematology/Oncology/Transplant Unit, Round with residents (and students) 10 weeks/year, Formal lectures on BMT
Continuing Medical Education
Hematology/Oncology/Transplant Unit Nursing Orientation, Fever, Neutropenia, Sepsis, Extracorporeal Photophoresis for Chronic Graft versus Host Disease
Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis, Bone Marrow Transplant, Research in Bone Marrow Transplant
How I treat Graft vs. Host disease
Postdoctoral Fellow Education
Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant Fellow Seminars, Topics presented include Indications for Bone Marrow Transplant, Donor Selection, Selection of Stem Cell Source, Histiocytosis, Transfusion
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Nursing Education Series Presentation - Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis, Bone Marrow Transplant, Research in Bone Marrow Transplant
Lake Forest Country Day School, Student Education, Lecture to Kindergarten Students on Human Anatomy
MCW STUDENTS, FACULTY, RESIDENTS AND CLINICAL/RESEARCH FELLOWS MENTORED:
Jessica Brown, MCW, 06/01/2009 - 05/31/2010 Assist in development, execution, meeting presentation and manuscript preparation of research ideas
Cheryl Cameron, MCW, 2009 - 2010 Assist in development, career guidance and support for fellows in pediatric hematology/oncology, Member of SOC Committee
Chelsea Collins, MCW, 2010 - 2013 Assist in development, career guidance and support for fellows in pediatric hematology/oncology, Member of SOC Committee
Hemalatha Rangarajan, MCW, 2010 - 2012 Assist in development, career guidance and support for fellows in pediatric hematology/oncology, Member of SOC Committee
Refereed Journal Publications/Original Papers
1. Stetler-Stevenson WG, Kreck ML, Talano JA. Assaying Type IV Collagenase Activity Using [3H] Pepsinized Human Placental Type IV Collagen. DuPont Biotech Update. 1990 Jun;15(3)54-55
2. Stetler-Stevenson WG, Talano JA, Gallagher ME, Krutzsch HC, Liotta LA. Inhibition of human type IV collagenase by a highly conserved peptide sequence derived from its prosegment. Am J Med Sci. 1991 Sep;302(3):163-70.
3. Talano JA. Development of a Fluorogenic Assay for Type IV Collagenase and the Characterization of Inhibition by Tissue Inhibitor Metalloproteinase-2 (Timp-2). Senior Thesis, Department of Biology, Georgetown University, 1991. Presented, National Cancer Institute, Section of Tumor Invasion and Metastases, May, 1991. Presented, Georgetown University, Department of Biology, May, 1991.
4. Talano JA, Katz BZ. Long-term follow-up of children with fever of unknown origin. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2000 Dec;39(12):715-7.
5. Talano JA, Hillery CA, Gottschall JL, Baylerian DM, Scott JP. Delayed hemolytic transfusion reaction/hyperhemolysis syndrome in children with sickle cell disease. Pediatrics. 2003 Jun;111(6 Pt 1):e661-5.
6. Talano JM, Casper JT, Camitta BM, Keever-Taylor CA, Murray KJ, Eapen M, Pierce KL, Margolis DA. Alternative donor bone marrow transplant for children with Philadelphia chromosome ALL. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2006 Jan;37(2):135-41.
7. Talano JA, Margolis DA. Recent molecular and cellular advances in pediatric bone marrow transplantation. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2006 Aug;53(4):685-98.
8. Conlon JD, Dauenhauer M, Tonkovic-Capin V, Talano J, Margolis D, Drolet BA, Fairley JA. Voriconazole-induced blistering in the setting of graft versus host disease: A report of 2 patients. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008 Mar;58(3):484-7.
9. Cohen EP, Irving AA, Drobyski WR, Klein JP, Passweg J, Talano JA, Juckett MB, Moulder JE. Captopril to mitigate chronic renal failure after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a randomized controlled trial. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008 Apr 01;70(5):1546-51. PMCID: PMC2386758
10. Zidan H, Lo S, Wiebe D, Talano J, Alemzadeh R. Severe hypercholesterolemia mediated by lipoprotein X in a pediatric patient with chronic graft-versus-host disease of the liver. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2008 Jun;50(6):1280-1.
11. Filicko-O'Hara J, Grosso D, Flomenberg PR, Friedman TM, Brunner J, Drobyski W, Ferber A, Kakhniashvili I, Keever-Taylor C, Mookerjee B, Talano JA, Wagner JI, Korngold R, Flomenberg N. Antiviral responses following L-leucyl-L-leucine methyl esther (LLME)-treated lymphocyte infusions: graft-versus-infection without graft-versus-host disease. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009 Dec;15(12):1609-19. PMCID: PMC2783272
12. Anderson L, Gregg D, Margolis D, Casper J, Talano J. Focal nodular hyperplasia in pediatric allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplant: case series. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2010 Aug;45(8):1357-9.
13. de Montalembert M, Dumont MD, Heilbronner C, Brousse V, Charrara O, Pellegrino B, Piguet C, Soussan V, Noizat-Pirenne F. Delayed hemolytic transfusion reaction in children with sickle cell disease. Haematologica. 2011 Jun;96(6):801-7. PMCID: PMC3105640
14. Prasad VK, Lucas KG, Kleiner GI, Talano JA, Jacobsohn D, Broadwater G, Monroy R, Kurtzberg J. Efficacy and safety of ex vivo cultured adult human mesenchymal stem cells (Prochymal™) in pediatric patients with severe refractory acute graft-versus-host disease in a compassionate use study. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2011 Apr;17(4):534-41.
15. Biank VF, Sheth MK, Talano J, Margolis D, Simpson P, Kugathasan S, Stephens M. Association of Crohn's disease, thiopurines, and primary epstein-barr virus infection with hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis. J Pediatr. 2011 Nov;159(5):808-12. PMCID: PMC3191286
16. Rangarajan HG, Grochowski D, Mulberry MF, Gheorghe G, Camitta BM, Talano JA. Treatment of recurrent CNS disease post-bone marrow transplant in familial HLH. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2012 Jul 15;59(1):189-90.
17. Freed J, Talano J, Small T, Ricci A, Cairo MS. Allogeneic cellular and autologous stem cell therapy for sickle cell disease: 'whom, when and how'. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2012 Dec;47(12):1489-98.
18. Bacher U, Talano JA, Bishop MR. Monitoring and prevention of relapse after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for myeloid malignancies. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2012 Jan;18(1 Suppl):S62-73.
19. Duncan CN, Lehmann LE, Cheifetz IM, Greathouse K, Haight AE, Hall MW, Herschberger A, Hill KS, Moffet JR, Morrison RR, Norris AL, Petrovic A, Spear DA, Steiner ME, Talano JA, Tamburro RF, Wagner J, McArthur J, Pediatric Acute Lung Injury and Sepsis (PALISI) Network. Clinical outcomes of children receiving intensive cardiopulmonary support during hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2013 Mar;14(3):261-7.
20. Chellapandian D, Das R, Zelley K, Wiener SJ, Zhao H, Teachey DT, Nichols KE, EBV-HLH Rituximab Study Group. Treatment of Epstein Barr virus-induced haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis with rituximab-containing chemo-immunotherapeutic regimens. Br J Haematol. 2013 Aug;162(3):376-82. PMCID: PMC3776423
21. Rangarajan HG, Punzalan RC, Camitta BM, Talano JA. The use of novel Therakos™ Cellex® for extracorporeal photopheresis in treatment of graft-versus-host disease in paediatric patients. Br J Haematol. 2013 Nov;163(3):357-64.
22. Kurtzberg J, Prockop S, Teira P, Bittencourt H, Lewis V, Chan KW, Horn B, Yu L, Talano JA, Nemecek E, Mills CR, Chaudhury S. Allogeneic human mesenchymal stem cell therapy (remestemcel-L, Prochymal) as a rescue agent for severe refractory acute graft-versus-host disease in pediatric patients.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2014 Feb;20(2):229-35. doi: 10.1016/j.bbmt.2013.11.001. Epub 2013 Nov 8.
23. Talano JM, Pulsipher MA, Symons HJ, Militano O, Shereck EB, Giller RH, Hancock L, Morris E, Cairo MS. New frontiers in pediatric Allo-SCT. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2014 Sep;49(9):1139-45. PMCID: PMC4439009
24. Burroughs LM, Nemecek ER, Torgerson TR, Storer BE, Talano JA, Domm J, Giller RH, Shimamura A, Delaney C, Skoda-Smith S, Thakar MS, Baker KS, Rawlings DJ, Englund JA, Flowers ME, Deeg HJ, Storb R, Woolfrey AE. Treosulfan-based conditioning and hematopoietic cell transplantation for nonmalignant diseases: a prospective multicenter trial. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2014 Dec;20(12):1996-2003. PMCID: PMC4324724
25. Talano JA, Cairo MS. Smoothing the crescent curve: sickle cell disease. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program. 2014 Dec 05;2014(1):468-74.
26. Satwani P, Jin Z, Martin PL, Bhatia M, Garvin JH, George D, Chaudhury S, Talano J, Morris E, Harrison L, Sosna J, Peterson M, Militano O, Foley S, Kurtzberg J, Cairo MS. Sequential myeloablative autologous stem cell transplantation and reduced intensity allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation is safe and feasible in children, adolescents and young adults with poor-risk refractory or recurrent Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Leukemia. 2015 Feb;29(2):448-55.
27. Talano JA, Cairo MS. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for sickle cell disease: state of the science. Eur J Haematol. 2015 May;94(5):391-9.
28. Oshrine B, Talano JA. Curative treatment for severe sickle cell disease: allogeneic transplantation. Clin Adv Hematol Oncol. 2015 Apr;13(4):249-56.
29. Burke MJ, Verneris MR, Le Rademacher J, He W, Abdel-Azim H, Abraham AA, Auletta JJ, Ayas M, Brown VI, Cairo MS, Chan KW, Diaz Perez MA, Dvorak CC, Egeler RM, Eldjerou L, Frangoul H, Guilcher GM, Hayashi RJ, Ibrahim A, Kasow KA, Leung WH, Olsson RF, Pulsipher MA, Shah N, Shah NN, Thiel E, Talano JA, Kitko CL. Transplant Outcomes for Children with T Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Second Remission: A Report from the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2015 Dec;21(12):2154-9. PMCID: PMC4654112
30. Morillo-Gutierrez B, Beier R, Rao K, Burroughs L, Schulz A, Ewins AM, Gibson B, Sedlacek P, Krol L, Strahm B, Zaidman I, Kalwak K, Talano JA, Woolfrey A, Fraser C, Meyts I, Müller I, Wachowiak J, Bernardo ME, Veys P, Sykora KW, Gennery AR, Slatter M. Treosulfan-based conditioning for allogeneic HSCT in children with chronic granulomatous disease: a multicenter experience. Blood. 2016 Jul 21;128(3):440-8. PMCID: PMC4957165
31. Bock AM, LeVeque M, Camitta B, Talano JA. Successful treatment of recurrent CNS disease post-bone marrow transplant in children with familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2016 Dec;63(12):2154-2158.
32. Marsh RA, Jordan MB, Talano JA, Nichols KE, Kumar A, Naqvi A, Vaiselbuh SR, Histiocyte Society Salvage Therapy Working Group. Salvage therapy for refractory hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis: A review of the published experience. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2016 Oct 27.
Books, Chapters, and Reviews
1. Talano JM, Margolis DA. Recent Molecular and Cellular Advances. In: Pediatric Bone Marrow Transplantation. Pediatric Clinics of North America. Vol 53. 2006:685-698.
2. Talano JM, Casper J, Margolis D. Hematopoietic Cell Transplant for Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia. In: Appelbaum F, Forman S, Negrin R, Blume K, eds. Thomas' Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, 4th edition. Massachusetts: Blackwell Publishing, 2009.
3. McArthur J, Bambach B, Duncan C, Talano J, Tamburro B. Critical Illness Involving Children Undergoing Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant. In: Fuhrman and Zimmerman, eds. Pediatric Critical Care, 4th edition. New York: Elsevier Publishing, 2011.
1. Talano, J.; Katz, B. Z. "Outcome of Fever of Unknown Origin in Children." Presented at the Infectious Diseases Society of America 36th Annual Meeting, November, 1998.
2. Talano, J.; Johnson, S.; Gottschall, J.L.; Curtis, B.R.; Scott, J.P. "IgA- Mediated Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia Detected by Flow Cytometry Responsive to Cyclosporin A Therapy." Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, May, 2000.
3. Talano, J.; Gottschall, J.L.; Johnson, S.T.; Pugh, T.M.; Hillery, C.A.; Scott, J.P. "Partial Phenotype Matching (Rh, Kell) Reduces Alloimmunization in Children with Sickle Cell Disease." Presented at the American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology 13th Annual Meeting, September, 2000.
4. Talano, J.; Hillery, C.A.; Gottschall, J.L.; Baylerian, D.M.; Scott, J.P. "Delayed Hemolytic Transfusion Reactions in Sickle Cell Disease." Presented at the American Society of Pediatric Hematology/ Oncology 14th Annual Meeting, April, 2001.Presented at the Annual Sickle Cell Meeting, April 2001.
5. Talano, J.M.; Johnson, S.T.; Friedman, K.D.; Ilstrup, S.J.; Treisman, J.S.; Curtis, B.R.; Scott, J. P.; Gottschall, J.L. " Serologic Characteristics of Three Cases of IgA Mediated Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (AIHA) Confirmed by Flow Cytometry." Presented at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, December 2002.
6. Talano, J.M.; Margolis, D.A.; Camitta, B.M.; Keever-Taylor, C.A.; Murray, K.J.; Eapen, M.; Pierce, K.L.; Casper, J.T. "Outcome of Unrelated and Haploidentical Bone Marrow Transplants in Children with Philadelphia Chromosome Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (Ph+ ALL)." Presented at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, December 2002.
7. Talano, J.M.; Keever-Taylor, C.A., Eapen, M., Casper, J.T., Margolis, D.A. "Haploidentical Family Donor Transplants in Children Using High Doses of Positively Selected CD34+ Cells with Low CD3+ Cells: An Initial Report of the Milwaukee Experience." Presented at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, December 2003.
8. Talano, J.M.; Camitta, B.; Keever-Taylor, C.A.; Anderson, L.A.; Wallach, C.; Casper; J. "Long Term Outcomes of Unrelated Donor Bone Marrow Transplantation in Children with Severe Aplastic Anemia: An Update of the Milwaukee Experience. Presented at the National Marrow Donor Program Meeting, November 2006 awarded Best Abstract. Presented at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, December 2006.
9. Prasad V.K., Lucas K.G., Kleiner G.I., Talano J.M., Jacobson D., Szabolcs P., Monroy R., Kurtzberg J. "Use of Mesenchymal Stem Cells to Treat Pediatric Patients with Severe (Grade III-IV) acute Graft versus Host Disease Refractory to Steroid and Other Agents on a Compassionate Use Basis." Presented at the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting, December 2007
10. McArthur J, Mikalov T, Talano J. Relationship between Acetaminophen Dosage and Development of Organ Dysfunction during Pediatric Hematopoetic Stem Cell Transplant. Presented at the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplant, February 2009
11. Talano, J, Biank, V, Casper, J, Margolis,D, Stephens. M. Secondary Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis in Adolescent Patients with Crohn's Disease.Presented at the International Histocyte Society meeting, Bilbao Spain September 2009
12. Talano, J, Brown, J Eastwood, D, McArthur, J, Casper,J, Margolis, D. Analysis of the Incidence and Characteristics of Venoocclusive Disease (VOD) of the Liver in Pediatric Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell Transplant (HPCT) Patients with Heparin alone vs. Heparin and Ursodiol Prophylaxis at the Medical College of Wisconsin. American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant Meeting 2010. American Society of Pediatric Hematology Oncology 2010
13. Szabolics, P, Visani, G, Locatelli,F, Kleiner, G, Talano, J, Nemecek, E, Kurtzberg, J. Treatment of steroid-refractory acute GVHD with mesenchymal stem cells improves outcomes in pediatric patients; Results of the pediatric subset in a phase III randomized, placebo-controlled study. Presented at the American Society of Bone Marrow Transplant Meeting 2010
14. Mulberry, M, Casper, J, Margolis, D, Talano, J. A Case Report of a Pediatric Patient with T Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) CR2 with Neurologic Deficits Secondary to Enterovirus Encephalitis with Substantial Recovery of Function Post Umbilical Cord Transplantation. Presented at the 8th Annual International Umbilical Cord Blood Transplantation Symposium 2010.
15. Rangarajan, H, Grochowski, D, Mulberry, M. Talano, J. Successful Treatment of Recurrent CNS Disease in Familial HLH post Bone Marrow Transplant: Frequent Monitoring and Preemptive Therapy has Shown to be An Effective Treatment Strategy. Presented at the International Histiocyte Meeting. Boston, MA. 2010
16. Angela Ricci, Mark Geyer, Lauren Harrison, Dierdre Duffy, Monica Bhatia, James Garvin, Diane George, Prakash Satwani, Alexa Cheerva, Julie Talano, M. Fevzi Ozkaynak, Theodore Moore, Joseph Schwartz, LeeAnn Baxter-Lowe, Mitchell S. Cairo. Pediatrics, Columbia University, New York, NY; Pediatrics, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY; Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI; Pediatrics, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY; Pediatrics, Univeristy of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA; Pathology and Cell Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY; Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY. Preliminary Results of Phase I/II Study of Clofarabine (CLO) in Combination with Cytarabine (ARA-C) and Total Body Irradiation (TBI) Followed by Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation (AlloSCT) in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults (CAYA) with Poor-Risk Acute Leukemia Presented at American Society of Hematology Oral Presentation 2010, Pediatric Academic Society Meeting, Denver, CO 2011, ASBMT 2011
17. Radhakrishnan,K.Talano,J.Taylor,C.Bhatia,M.Shenoy,S.Walters,M.Parsons,S.Morris,E.Baxter-Lowe,L.A.Cairo,M. Familial Haploidentical (FHI) T-cell Depleted(TCD)Transplantation in High-Risk Sickle Cell Disease (SCD). American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplant Annual Meeting 2011
18. Rangarajan,H. Cogbill,C. Grochowski,D. Georghe, G. Talano, J. Systemic EBV-Positive T cell Lymphoproliferative Disease of Childhood: A Case Report. American Society Pediatric Hematology Oncology 2012