Tzong-Jin Wu MD
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Neonatology
Children's Corporate Center
999 N 92 St
Milwaukee, WI 53226
CITIZENSHIP: Taiwan, Republic of China, United States
1982 - 1989 M.D., National Taiwan University Medical College, Taipei, Taiwan
POSTGRADUATE TRAINING AND FELLOWSHIP APPOINTMENTS:
1989 - 1992 Resident, Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
1992 - 1994 Fellow, Neonatology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
1999 - 2002 Fellow, Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
2002 - 2004 Resident, Pediatrics, University of Florida Health Science Center/Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
1994 - 1997 Attending, Pediatrics, Provincial Tao-Yuan Hospital, Tao-Yuan, Taiwan, R.O.C.
1997 Lecturer, Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
1999 - 2002 Fellow Instructor, Pediatrics, University of Alabama at Birmingham Medical School, Birmingham, AL
2004 - 2006 Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Florida Health Science Center/Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
2006 - Present Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE APPOINTMENTS:
2009 - Present Coordinator, CME activity, Neonatology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
HOSPITAL AND CLINICAL ADMINISTRATIVE APPOINTMENTS:
1994 - 1997 Director, Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Provincial Tao-Yuan Hospital, Tao-Yuan, Taiwan, R.O.C
HOSPITAL STAFF PRIVILEGES:
1994 - 1997 Provincial Tao-Yuan Hospital, Tao-Yuan, Taiwan, R.O.C
1997 National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
1998 - 2002 Cooper Green County Hospital, Birmingham, AL
1998 - 2002 The Children’s Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham, AL
1998 - 2002 University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital, Birmingham, AL
2004 - 2006 Baptist Medical Center Beach, Jacksonville Beach, FL
2004 - 2006 Baptist Medical Center Downtown, Jacksonville, FL
2004 - 2006 Shands Hospital, Jacksonville, FL
2004 - 2006 Baptist Medical Center South, St. Augustine, FL
2004 - 2006 Orange Park Medical Center, Orange Park, FL
2004 - 2006 Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL
2004 - 2006 Baptist Medical Center South, St. Augustine, FL
2006 - Present Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
2006 - Present Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital, Milwaukee, WI
2006 - Present Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc, WI
2006 - Present Community Memorial Hospital, Menomonee Falls, WI
2006 - Present Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Waukesha, WI
2010 - Present Aurora Medical Center, Oconomowoc, WI
SPECIALTY BOARDS AND CERTIFICATION:
Board of Pediatrics, Taiwan
Board of Neonatology, Taiwan
American Board of Pediatrics – General Pediatrics
American Board of Pediatrics – Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
|Issued By||Issue Date||Expiration|
Controlled Substance Registration Certificate
Alabama State Board of Medical Examiners
Dept. of Justice DEA
MEMBERSHIPS IN HONORARY AND PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
1989 - 1997 Taipei Medical Society
1989 - 1997 Taiwan Pediatric Association
1989 - 1997 Medical Association of Taiwan
1994 - 1997 Society of Neonatology (R.O.C.)
1994 - 1997 Tao-Yuan Medical Society
2002 - Present American Academy of Pediatrics (Fellow)
2002 - Present AAP Section on Perinatal Pediatrics (Section Fellow)
2005 - Present AAP Section on Breastfeeding (Section Fellow)
2007 - Present AAP Wisconsin Chapter (Section Fellow)
EDITORSHIPS/EDITORIAL BOARDS/JOURNAL REVIEWS:
03/2010 - Present Pediatrics
PEER REVIEWED WORKSHOPS/PRESENTATIONS:
1. Ru-Jeng Teng, Arlene Bulger, Tzong-Jin Wu, Joseph B. Philips III, Joseph S. Beckman., Nitrotyrosine Affects Proliferation, Enzyme Expression, and Prostaglandin Production by Neonatal Pulmonary Artery Endothelial Cells, PAS Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD, 2001 - Present
2. Namasivayam Ambalavanan, Arlene Bulger, Tzong-Jin Wu, Joseph Bond Philips III., Retinol Induces Apoptosis and Release of Peptide Growth Factors from Neonatal Lung Cells, PAS Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD, 2001 - Present
3. N. Ambalavanan, T. J. Wu, J. E. Tyson, K. A. Kennedy, C. Roane, Randomized Controlled Trial of Three Vitamin A Dosing Regimens in Extremely Low Birth Weight Infants, PAS Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD, 2002 - Present
4. Tzong-Jin Wu, Ziwei Wang, Bruce A. Freeman, Dale A. Parks., Reduction of Hepatic Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury By Manganese-Porphyrin Complexes., PAS Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD, 2002 - Present
5. Ru-Jeng Teng, Namasivayam Ambalavanan, Tzong-Jin Wu, Arlene Bulger, Joseph B. Philips, Superoxide and Nitric Oxide Are Both Required for Nitrotyrosine-Mediated Apoptosis of Pulmonary Artery Endothelial Cells., PAS Annual Meeting, Seattle WA, 2003 - Present
6. Devyani D. Belsare, Ru-Jeng Teng, Renu Sharma, Tzong-Jin Wu, Robert D. Garrison, Recombinant Human Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor Does Not Prevent Nosocomial Infections in Very Low Birth Weight Infants with Early Neutropenia., PAS Annual Meeting, Washington DC, 2005 - Present
7. Ru-Jeng Teng, Tzong-Jin Wu, Renu Sharma, Robert D. Garrison, Mark L. Hudak., Early Hypotension Requring Inotropes Is Associated with Severe Intraventricular Hemorrhage in Premature (GA 30 Weeks) Infants., PAS Annual Meeting, Washington DC, 2005 - Present
8. Ru-Jeng Teng, Patricia Williams, Tzong-Jin Wu, Mark L. Hudak., Is Sternal Transcutaneous Bilirubinometer Reading a Better Outpatient Screening Tool for Neonatal Hyperbilirubinemia., PAS Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada, 2007 - Present
2007 - Present Member, Housestaff Education and Performance Review Committee, Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship
2007 - Present Member, House Staff Evaluation and Promotion Committee for Neonatal-Perinatal Fellowship
2007 - Present Member, Point-of-Care Testing Committee, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
2007 - 2008 Member, Continual Service Readiness Committee, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
2009 - Present Member, Institutional Review Board, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
MEDICAL COLLEGE TEACHING ACTIVITIES:
Medical Student Education
2006 - 2009 Physical examination of newborns for 3rd-year medical students in FMLH
Resident and Fellow Education
2006 - 2009 Round-table discussion for fellows
2006 - Present Teaching rounds in NICUs in CHW and Waukesha Memorial Hospital
2006 - Present Precepting nurse practitioner students in NICUs in CHW and WMH
2008 - Present Back-to-basic lecture for fellows
Continuing Medical Education
2006 - Present Physiology conference, evidence-based review, journal club, mortality-morbidity conference for CHW and WMH, neo-surgery conference, and case conference
MCW STUDENTS, FACULTY, RESIDENTS AND CLINICAL/RESEARCH FELLOWS MENTORED:
Meiqian Ma, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2009 - Present Master Clinician Track Mentor
Ruby Gupta, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2007 - 2010 SOC member
Refereed Journal Publications/Original Papers
1. Wu TJ, Teng RJ. Diffuse neonatal haemangiomatosis with intrauterine haemorrhage and hydrops fetalis. Eur J Paediatr 1994; 153:759-761.
2. Wu TJ, Teng RJ, Yau KIT. Persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn treated with magnesium sulfate in premature neonates. Pediatrics 1995; 96:472-4.
3. Tsao PN, Teng RJ, Wu TJ, Yau KIT, Wang PJ. Nonprogressive congenital unilateral ventriculomegaly. Pediatr Neurol 1996; 14:66-8.
4. Wu TJ, Teng RJ, Yau KIT. Transfusion-related acute lung injury treated with surfactant in a neonate. Eur J Paediatr 1996; 155:589-91.
5. Teng RJ, Wu TJ, Ho MM. Mumps infection complicated by transient hyperinsulinemic hypoglycemia. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1997;16:416-7.
6. Ambalavanan N, Wu TJ, Tyson JE, Kennedy KA, Roane C, Carlo WA. A comparison of three vitamin A dosing regimens in extremely-low-birth-weight infants. J Pediatr 2003 Jun;142(6):656-61.
7. Thome UH, Carroll W, Wu TJ, Johnson RB, Roane C, Young D, Carlo WA. Outcome of Extremely Preterm Infants Randomized at Birth to Different PaCO2 Targets during the First Seven Days of Life. Biol Neonate 2006;90:218-25.
8. Teng RJ, Wu TJ, Sharma R, Garrison RD, Hudak ML. Early neonatal hypotension in premature infants born to preeclamptic mothers. J Perinatol 2006:26:471-475.
9. Wu TJ, Khoo N, Zhou F, Day B, Parks DA. Decreased hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury by manganese-porphyrin complexes. Free Radic Res 2007;41:127-34.
10. Teng RJ, Wu TJ, Garrison RD, Sharma R, Hudak ML. Early neutropenia is not associated with an increased rate of nosocomial infection in very low birth weight infants. J Perinatol 2009;29:219-224.
11. Teng RJ, Chen RL, Wu TJ, Lin KS. Clover-leaf nucleus of atypical lymphocytes in CMV-mononucleosis syndrome: Report of a case. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1990; 31:379-382.
12. Wu TJ, Teng RJ, Chang MH, Chen CC. Congenital short bowel syndrome: Report of a case treated with home central parenteral nutrition. J Formosan Med Assoc 1992; 91:470-472.
13. Wu TJ, Teng RJ, Yau KIT. Stable microbubble test for predicting the occurrence of respiratory distress syndrome. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1995; 36:101-3.
14. Tsai MJ, Wu TJ, Teng RJ, Yau KIT, Tsau YK. Mesenteric arterial thrombosis complicating congenital nephrotic syndrome of Finnish type: report of a case. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1995; 36:445-7.
15. Wu TJ, Teng RJ, Yau KIT. Hepatic hemangioendothelioma: successful treatment with steroid in a very-low-birth-weight infant. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1996; 37:56-8.
16. Lu MY, Wu TJ, Ho MM. Systemic air embolism in a very-low-birth weight neonate treated with synthetic surfactant. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1996; 37:142-4.
17. Wu TJ, Teng RJ, Yau KIT. Cholestasis in very-low-birthweight neonates: an analysis of risk factors. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1996; 37:278-82.
18. Fang PJ, Teng RJ, Chou CC, Wu TJ, Yau KIT, Hsieh KH. Impaired immune function in a premature infant with zinc deficiency after total parenteral nutrition. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1996; 37:364-9.
19. Yeh SJ, Hwu WL, Tsai WS, Wu TJ, Tuchman M, Wang TR. Ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency. J Formos Med Assoc 1997; 96:43-5.
20. Teng RJ, Wu TJ, Yau KI. Retinopathy of prematurity in very-low-birthweight neonates: epideniology and risk factors. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1997; 38:370-374.
21. Tsao PN, Teng RJ, Wu TJ, Yau KI. Early outcome of extremely low birth weight infants in Taiwan. J Formos Med Assoc 1998; 97:471-476.
22. Tsao PN, Wu TJ, Teng RJ, Tang JR, Yau KI. Comparison of the outcome of extremely-low-birth-weight infants between two periods. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 1998; 39:233-236.
23. Tsai HY, Wu TJ, Chen HJ, Lu CW. Chylus-like urine as a complication of percutaneous hyperalimentation catheter in an infant: report of one case. Zhonghua Min Guo Xiao Er Ke Yi Xue Hui Za Zhi 2001; 42:46-48.
Books, Chapters, and Reviews
1. Wu TJ, Carlo WA. Pulmonary physiology of neonatal resuscitation. NeoReviews 2001; 2:e45-e50.
2. Wu TJ, Carlo WA. Neonatal resuscitation guideline 2000: Framework for practice. Maternal-Fetal Neonat Med 2002;11(1):4-10.